Monday, June 27, 2011

eating moon cakes in San Francisco's China Town

 China Town, San Francisco


A  traditional wedding cake-we didn't get any of the cake but we did try a Moon cake with 1 egg yolk. Wikipedia states that moon cakes have "A thick filling usually made from lotus seed paste is surrounded by a relatively thin (2–3 mm) crust and may contain yolks from salted duck eggs."  DUCK EGGS!!! I wish there had been an ingredient list available.  I didn't understand anything the lady was telling me (in Chinese) but ate it anyway.  Not too bad, but I will pass next time a Chinese lady hands one to me.
 view from our room on Nob Hill-Alcatraz straight ahead....
visited the de Young Museum to see the Picasso exhibit and saw these: Monkey with chocolate pods plate.  cute.
 ceremonial dog chocolate pot
 yet another chocolate pot
me after eating out every day and night while in San Francisco and Napa Valley.....

No comments: