Friday, March 9, 2012

zebra stripe shower cake and 1 cool judge

Chocolate,strawberry and Italian cream cake with buttercream finish, fondant stripes and gumpaste flowers.  The stripes took 1 hour to cut out and get on-good to know for my next one. There was 1 piece of cake left after the ladies got after it!  I was sent a picture of the last piece and some crumbs. lol


Here I am with a judge from the Austin cake show I just attended.  I really liked hearing the critique from this judge- his name is Roland Winbeckler and his cakes are supercrazyawesome!  Look at his life-size figurative cakes-they are made with buttercream icing! yummo! Now HE is an ARTIST.

This full life-sized cake sculpture of Elvis was created of buttercream icing for a gigantic food and beverage show in Canadayou gotta see his work, his website is:

http://www.winbeckler.com/Cake-Sculptures-by-Roland-Winbeckler-Cake-Decorating-Supplies-d24.htm


No comments: