Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day of the Dead wedding cake for Tabitha.

I love doing unusual cakes and when I got an e-mail from a bride asking for a Day of the Dead wedding cake, of course, I got super happy about it. Then I glanced at the date of the wedding and it was needed in one week.
I really, really wanted to do it so I said yes, but told the bride that it would be a lot of work and I would do the best I could in the time I had but it was just not enough time to give it justice. She then responded that the date was a YEAR and a week away (I obviously didn't look at the date closely enough).  Oh, well, in that case----it will be totally awesome!
It makes my day when a bride gets ecstatic over her cake when I deliver.  Tabitha's reaction when we arrived with her cake made my Entire Week. (And, now I look at the year a lot closer when brides send me their wedding date).




Sugar skull molds from Amazon (love Amazon Prime 2 day delivery).

Two down and 1 to go.  In the background, working on roses and bows for another cake.
I was going to Google some designs for the skull decoration but (great timing!) the bride posted a picture on Facebook of a skull scarf that a good friend gave her. Perfect! I asked for a picture and voila- a design that is not only very pretty but has personal meaning for her! Doesn't get much better than that folks.
In progress. Note the print out of the scarf in the background.
Sugar roses and Gerbera daisies in the wedding colors.




No comments: