Sunday, April 12, 2015

Groom's cake for a drummer boy.

This cake was very near and dear to my heart since both the groom, the groom's brother and my son marched for the Pittsburg Band (which I must say is a pretty Awesome Band).

This groom drummed and marched with his older brother (he was a freshman and his brother a senior) and the music on this cake is from one of the military pieces they marched to together.  The arrangement is called "Honey Boys on Parade". I called the band director and he sent me a shot of the sheet music.

The drumsticks are made of sugar and the music is edible also.
The table was set up by the groom's mother and really set off the cake.  I have included a picture from inside the venue (The train depot in Omaha, Texas-Building 67) which I had never been to and this is the venues first wedding.  Very rustic and very different from your barn setting! The setting was beautiful! Here is a link to their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Building67?fref=ts

Cake has a buttercream finish with edible image music sheets, fondant stripes and music notes..

Drumsticks are made of sugar.




Love the arrangement especially the "aged" sheet music table runner made by the groom's mother.
So cute!
Omaha train depot.


No comments: